Get Love Damascus App
Search by keyword

The Great Madrasa Al-Adliya

Al-Amara Al-Jouaniya, Al-Kallaseh Street, Damascus, Syria
The building of this Islamic school started in the second half of the 12th century under the reign of the Seljuq king Nour Eddine Zengi.

The school was, however, not completed until the first half of the 13th century during the Ayyubid era.

The Great Madrasa Al-Adliya is the burial place of Sultan Al-Adil Seif Al-Din, the brother of Salah Eddine.

In the early 20th century, the building was used to host the Syrian National Museum until 1936 when it became part of the Arabic Language Institute.
Historical Periods: Ayyubids, Seljuqs


Post Comment