The Harika Neighbourhood
The Harika Neighbourhood is located in the western part of the Damascus Old City.
On October 18th 1925, the area sustained barbaric bombardment from French forces who were trying to extinguish the Syrian revolt against the French Mandate.
The whole of the old neighbourhood that used to be called “Sidi Amoud” including numerous beautiful buildings were lost forever.
From then on, the area was rebuilt in a modern style and was renamed “Harika”, meaning “Fire” in Arabic.